Today WooCommerce has become the most popular ecommerce plugin which you can use to create your online store. It powers more than 40% of all the online stores on the internet.
As a standalone plugin, the WooCommerce is quite robust, but with few well targeted extensions it can help you to take your online store on the next level and increase the sales by many folds. WooCommerce is available with hundreds of extensions/addons and it can be quite tedious to pick the right ones for your store. In this article, we will be looking at the 20 essential WooCommerce extensions which should have in your online store and how they can help in increasing the sales and thereby boost the revenues.
Stripe for WooCommerce
Stripe is an effortless way to accept payments online. WooCommerce stripe lets you accept credit card payments easily and directly on your store via Stripe’s API. With Stripe you can accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club cards, even Bitcoin, directly on your store.
Stripe also includes Apple Pay, which means customers can pay using payment details associated to their Apple ID. So now, checkout is just a thumbprint away.
MailChimp is a powerful marketing tool with features designed to help small businesses achieve their content marketing goals. WooCommerce MailChimp provides simple and flexible MailChimp integration for your eCommerce store. Automatically subscribe customers to a designated MailChimp list and, optionally, MailChimp interest groups upon order creation or order completion.
- Subscribe customers to MailChimp after order creation
- Subscribe customers to MailChimp after order processing
- Subscribe customers to MailChimp after order completion
- Set one or more interest groups to add users to based on the selected MailChimp list.
With WooCommerce Subscriptions you can create and manage subscription-based products with recurring payments — payments that will give you residual revenue you can track and count on.
WooCommerce Subscriptions allows you to introduce a variety of subscriptions for physical or virtual products and services. Create product of the month clubs, weekly service subscriptions or even yearly software billing packages. Add sign-up fees, offer free trials or set expiration periods.
- Multiple billing schedules available to suit your needs
- Convenient automatic payments with over 25 payment gateways
- Supports manual renewal payments through any payment gateway
- Supports automatic rebilling on failed subscription payments, so you never lose revenue
- Detailed reports allow you to keep track of recurring revenue, number of active subscribers and more
WooCommerce Product Slider
WooCommerce Product Slider lets you create slider for your WooCommerce store in a tidy and professional way. Now create attractive product slider or carousel on your website and increase your sales.
You can display product slider in pages, posts, custom template and even sidebar or widget as well as anywhere you want. It comes with built-in advanced Shortcode Generator to easily control the look and function of the product slider.
- 100% Responsive and mobile friendly.
- Navigation arrows, pagination dots.
- Lightweight, fast & powerful.
- Infinite loop for the slider.
- Easy to use shortcode system.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
The wishlist is one of the most useful feature of an e-commerce: on one side, it encourages users to come back, allowing products tracking they consider interesting until the purchase step. On the other, if users share their wishlist — to friends, or through social networks — this will enhance the sales and will help the promotion of you online business.
- Share wishlist on social channels (for logged users only)
- Admin can send a promotional email to users who have added a specific product to their wishlist
- Customise columns that will be shown in wishlist table
- Redirect to checkout page after adding items to the cart
- Allow users to create as many wishlists as they want
- Show multiple “Add to Cart” buttons in wishlist table
YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
Recent research shows that about 4 trillion dollars of goods will be abandoned in carts during 2015 by e-commerce users. What’s interesting is that more than the 60% of these carts can be perfectly recovered and transformed in purchases. YITH WooCommerce Recovered Abandoned Cart will just do that: it will help you converting these abandoned carts in purchase orders.
- Set the span of time after which consider the cart abandoned
- List of all abandoned carts
- Send emails automatically after a certain amount of time
- Delete all the abandoned carts after a specific number of hours
- Complete list of all abandoned carts and their information
- Administrators can receive a notification email when an abandoned cart becomes a purchase
- Advanced reporting
WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping
The table rate shipping module extends WooCommerce’ default shipping options giving you highly customizable shipping options. Define multiple shipping rates based on location, price, weight, or item count. Wildcards may be used to match multiple regions too.
- Add multiple tables of rates per shipping zone
- Several types of calculation: Per order, Calculated per item, Calculated per line, Calculated per class
- Add rules based on Weight, Number of items, Number of items by class and Price
- Add costs per row, per item cost, a percentage and per weight unit
Metrilo WooCommerce Analytics
Metrilo is a specialist ecommerce marketing platform for online stores. Metrilo knows everything about your customers and shows you how to increase basket value, increase repeat purchases and reduce cart abandonment
Unlike generic analytics tools, Metrilo correctly adjusts for cancelled, returned or fraudulent orders. Generic analytics tools just show you data – Metrilo shows you how to grow your business and make sales.
- Track everything visitors do – from first visit to latest order
- Send optimized one-on-one marketing emails
- Create powerful e-mail automation driven by sales data
- Get clear and in-depth revenue analysis and Retention Analysis
- Understand individual Products performance
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics lets you to use the newly launched feature of Google Analytics – Enhanced Ecommerce.It lets you track the user behavior across your e-commerce store starting from product views to thank you page.
- Supports variety of Reports in Enhanced Ecommerce like: Shopping Cart Report, Checkout Report, Product Performance Report and Sales Performance Report
- Captures Product Impressions, Add to Cart & Product Clicks events accross the site
WooCommerce Export Customer Email
WooCommerce Export Customer Email simply adds a extra link under customers tab to export all customer emails into a single file. The plugin allows you to download the emails in a CSV file.
- Generates Downloadable CSV file.
- File name contains store name and download time.
- Exports all customer emails (existing and new).
WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor
The checkout field editor provides you with an interface to add, edit and remove fields shown on your WooCommerce checkout page. Fields can be added and removed from the billing and shipping sections, as well as inserted after these sections next to the standard ‘order notes’.
The editor supports several types for custom fields including text, select, checkboxes and datepickers.Core fields can also be moved around giving you more control over your checkout.
Woocommerce CSV Importer
Woocommerce CSV Importer lets you import and manage products in Woocommerce. Upload your CSV file, create your header and import. The import plugin uses AJAX to import the products. No more timeouts on big files.(tested to 10,000+ products)
First step is to look at your settings, select the right field separator and take a look at the other settings as well. When you have done that it’s time to link the right columns to the right fields. Upload your CSV file in the header tab and link them. If the plugin can map the fields it will do so automatically.
There are few nice add-ons:
- Import variable products
- Import attributes
- Import custom fields
- Import premium
- Import taxonomies
WooCommerce Direct Checkout
A WooCommerce plugin that aims to simplify the checkout process, leading to an immediate increase in sales.
In WooCommerce Settings Panel, there will be a new submenu link called ‘Direct Checkout’ where you can:
- Enabled / Disabled the direct checkout option
- Add “Continue Shopping” button to product page
- Change “Add to cart” to any text (Option to exclude external product)
- Update “Redirect to Page” option
YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier
It is hard to get a sense of the real quality and the details of an online product when you look at it. The YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier offers a great tool to perceive the quality of the products with great care.
The zoom window lets users read the information of the product together with the freedom to look at the details, creating a better idea of what they will buy. And for the most demanding users, the image can also be opened in its actual size, giving them all the time they need to analyze what they desire.
- Add a zoom feature to your products
- Set size for the zoom area
- Set size for the images that will be zoomed
- Show a slider with thumbnail images of the product
YITH WooCommerce Social Login
Research on online consumers reported extremely significant data: over 77% of them prefer social login when using an eCommerce site, for two main reasons, security and data correctness. This certainly leads to increased conversion rates and therefore more sales. The YITH WooCommerce Social Login plugin lets you integrate the social login into your eCommerce store
- Login with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn and many more
- View social connections in the list with all users
- View active connections for each single user from (admin) user profile
- Customize text to display in place of “Login with”
- Customize text in checkout page
WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing
Configure bulk discounts for products in your store by creating a table of quantities and discount amounts. Choose from fixed price adjustments, percentage adjustments or set a fixed price for the product. Optionally choose roles the pricing rule should be applied for.
Choose how to tally the quantities used in the quantity pricing table. Choose to tally quantities based on the cart quantity of the product, each individual variation, each cart line item , or based on categories in the cart.
- Advanced Product Pricing
- Advanced Category Pricing
- Simple Category Pricing
- Simple Role Based Pricing
YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter
Allow your users to filter products according to their needs, and in a few seconds they will find exactly what they want to buy: a simple and powerful tool to address your customers towards their ideal product, speed up the purchase processes, and improve the conversion rateof your online shop.
The chance of filtering products in a store is such a common feature that it has become not only effective, but also necessary. Users are used to rely on this tool and not offering it might be hugely detrimental to your store.
- Ajax sorting for products displayed in the page (by rate, price, popularity, most recent)
- Reset all applied filters with YITH WooCommerce Ajax Reset Filter widget
- Upload of an icon as customized loader
- Customization of the WooCommerce Price Filter widget
YITH Infinite Scrolling
In the social network era, we have become used to scroll pages endlessly, accessing to the contents of all our contacts. Similarly, the YITH Infinite Scrolling plugin captures this idea and apply it to your online shop!
It’s a very simple concept: most of your store’s lost sales are caused by two main factors: customers spend very little time surfing through your website and are often confused when they find something different than usual.
This is why speeding up and simplifying the navigation through your website using a scrolling system similar to the one you find in social networks can be the right move to increase your sales!